1) Give It Ten. Start working out for ten minutes and then see how you feel. Often times the hardest part is just starting.
2) Workout With a Friend. Having a buddy that holds you accountable for working out is a great fitness motivator. Here at Edgewater if you refer a friend to our club you get one month free added to your membership.
3) Get the Proper Equipment. Make sure that you are wearing proper workout clothes and shoes when you exercise. The incorrect shoes or clothes while working out can lead to injuries and/or discomfort.
4) Put Your Exercise Clothes On. Going to bed in your exercise clothes is a great way to wake up in the morning ready for your workout. Another idea is to change into your workout clothes as soon as you get home so that you can get into the right mindset.
5) Take Your Measurements. Measuring your waist, arms, and legs every few weeks will let you know if you are on the right track or if you need to adjust your diet & exercise routines.
6) Treat Yourself. Every time that you reach one of your fitness goals reward yourself with something. It could be a new workout outfit, a new piece of exercise equipment, a massage, etc. Try not to reward yourself with unhealthy food, because this can lead to setbacks.
7) Read Some Inspirational Quotes. Sometimes that Jillian Michael or Bruce Lee quote is all you need to get into the workout mood.
8) Create A Motivational Playlist. Having good music while working out is great for pushing you to get one more rep in or to run a little faster.
9) Post It Or Write It Down. Having a visual reminder of your goals can help you to stay on track. Put your race registration sheet up on your refrigerator, write down your fitness goals on a sticky note and put them on your mirror, or print off a picture of your favorite fitness icon and put it on your bulletin board.
10) Have fun! Always do a workout that you enjoy. This will make you want to workout again and again.
EFC staff. We want to share our fitness knowledge with you!